Clothes Mentor Franchise
To buy a franchise with Clothes Mentor, you'll need to have at least $75000 in liquid capital and a minimum net worth of $350000.
Total Units: 146
Year Founded: 2001
Franchising Since: 2007
Home Office: Minnetonka, MN
Locations Available: See Below*
Liquid Capital Required: $75,000
Net Worth Required: $350,000
Total Investment: $219,000 – $344,000
Franchise Fee: N/A
Royalty Type: -
Vetern Discount: -
*Clothes Mentor is currently accepting inquiries from the following states: Alabama, Alaska, Arizona, Arkansas, California, Colorado, Connecticut, Delaware, Florida, Georgia, Hawaii, Idaho, Illinois, Indiana, Iowa, Kansas, Kentucky, Louisiana, Maine, Maryland, Massachusetts, Michigan, Minnesota, Mississippi, Missouri, Montana, Nebraska, Nevada, New Hampshire, New Jersey, New Mexico, North Carolina, North Dakota, Ohio, Oklahoma, Oregon, Pennsylvania, Rhode Island, South Carolina, South Dakota, Tennessee, Texas, Utah, Vermont, Virginia, Washington, West Virginia, Wisconsin, Wyoming
Values & History
At Clothes Mentor, we believe in sustainable clothing and supporting our local communities with low carbon footprint shopping. Step inside a Clothes Mentor and discover something far better than consignment. Clothes Mentor is resale and it's better than retail.
Clothes Mentor buys and sells "gently-used" designer clothing, shoes, boots, handbags, jewelry, and other accessories. Clothes Mentor gives fresh, modern styles in designer apparel and accessories at great prices. Shop green and sustainable while being kind to the environment. Best of all, selling clothing and buying some like-new pieces is easy on wallets.
Market Demand & AdvantageThe resale clothing industry is on pace to double its size in five years growing to more than $50 billion annually by 2023. And it's showing no signs of slowing after that. This stunning pace of growth opens up the door for you to join our Clothes Mentor community.
Since 2007, more than 100 people have followed their dreams and launched a Clothes Mentor store. Each independently-owned Clothes Mentor franchise sells gently used name-brand and designer clothing, shoes, and accessories for up to 70% off original retail prices. Our owners have a great eye for pieces that are in great condition and are on-trend or classic and timeless.
Over the last decade, the impact of the so-called "retail apocalypse" has been very real. Traditional brick-and-mortar retail stores have been closing by the thousands, losing customers to e-commerce giants. So how is a store-based brand like Clothes Mentor growing so quickly?
It's because we're in a different market. We are in the resale industry, which has grown 21 times faster than the retail apparel market in recent years. Nearly 60 million women alone purchased secondhand clothing in 2018, and that number is expected to grow. Even big names like Nordstrom, Macy's, and JC Penney have gotten into the resale game and now stock secondhand items in their inventory.
Training & Support
- Real Estate/Site Selection: We'll cover the important aspects surrounding your lease and what criteria you should consider obtaining the best site possible.
- Business Planning: Learn about preparing your comprehensive business plan and review financing options.
- New Store Development: We'll share an all-encompassing "how-to" on your store build-out including important details like fixtures, signage, flooring options and so much more, making certain your store reflects the Clothes Mentor brand.
- Marketing: We'll present an introduction to the vast array of the marketing options for your store, from advertising to public relations to social media to special eventswe've got you covered.
- Personnel Management: Get tips on how to recruit, hire, train and develop the best employees for your business.
- QuickBooks: We'll help you implement the QuickBooks accounting software into your personal computer, enabling you to manage your daily business expenses easily and efficiently.
Ideal Candidate & Qualifications
We're looking for:
- Successful working moms who want a career and more time with their kids.
- Married couples who want to build something together and give back to their community.
- Entrepreneurial parent-and-child teams, eager to create a multi-generational legacy.
- Ambitious professionals who want the chance to thrive working for themselves — instead of someone else.
Purchasing a Clothes Mentor Franchise
Net Worth: $35,000. Total Investment: $219,000 - $344,000. Liquid Capital: $75,000.
The Clothes Mentor franchise community is a happy family of passionate owners who love the freedom to control their destiny. Take a look around, and learn more about who we are and what we do. If you've been having those inner stirrings to make a professional change one that gives you flexibility and growth potential on your terms start building the future you want with us!