Steak ‘n Shake Franchise
To buy a franchise with Steak ‘n Shake, you'll need to have at least $10500 in liquid capital.
Total Units: 600+
Year Founded: 1934
Franchising Since: 1939
Home Office: Indianapolis, IN
Locations Available: See Below*
Liquid Capital Required: $10,500
Net Worth Required: N/A
Total Investment: $10,000
Franchise Fee: N/A
Royalty Type: -
Vetern Discount: -
*Steak ‘n Shake is currently accepting inquiries from the following locations: Alabama, Alaska, Arizona, Arkansas, California, Colorado, Connecticut, Delaware, Florida, Georgia, Hawaii, Idaho, Illinois, Indiana, Iowa, Kansas, Kentucky, Louisiana, Maine, Maryland, Massachusetts, Michigan, Minnesota, Mississippi, Missouri, Montana, Nebraska, Nevada, New Hampshire, New Jersey, New Mexico, New York, North Carolina, North Dakota, Ohio, Oklahoma, Oregon, Pennsylvania, Rhode Island, South Carolina, South Dakota, Tennessee, Texas, Utah, Vermont, Virginia, Washington, West Virginia, Wisconsin, Wyoming
Values & History
Steak 'n Shake was founded in February 1934 in Normal, Illinois. Gus Belt, Steak 'n Shake's founder, pioneered the concept of premium burgers and milkshakes.
For over 85 years, the company's name has been symbolic of its heritage. The word "steak" stood for STEAKBURGER. The term "shake" stood for hand-dipped MILKSHAKES. Gus was determined to serve his customers the finest burgers and shakes in the business.
To prove his point that his burgers were exceptionally prime, he would wheel in a barrel of steaks (including round, sirloin, and T-bones) and grind the meat into burgers right in front of the guests. Hence arose the origin of our famous slogan, "In Sight, It Must Be Right."
Market Demand & AdvantageWe are honoring our heritage as a classic American brand by providing a path to achieving the American Dream.
At Steak 'n Shake we believe in equal opportunity for all to achieve the American dream. Often, however, those with the ability don't have access to the necessary capital needed to realize that dream.
We are challenging and changing that reality. We are providing the opportunity for you to become a business owner without having to make a significant financial investment.
- Become a Franchise Partner with a $10,000 investment
- Earn 50% of restaurant profits
- Unlimited earning potential
Training & Support
- Turnkey system to assist Franchise Partners in operating their restaurants
- On the job extensive training
- Support from field-based operations
- Administrative services (payroll, accounting, etc.)
- Creative and powerful marketing support
Ideal Candidate & Qualifications
We seek out people who:
- Are vision-driven, passion-minded, and have an unwavering desire to achieve the American Dream
- Have a successful track record in business leadership with proven positive results
- Are free of any other active business ventures and can operate the restaurant on a full-time hands-on basis
- Are results-oriented self-starters
- Have a servant heart committed to improving the lives of others
- Have a passion for excellence
Purchasing a Steak 'n Shake Franchise
Total Investment: $10,000. Liquid Capital Required: $10,500.
Franchise Partners must complete an extensive, multi-week training program before taking ownership of an existing Steak 'n Shake.
With robust franchise support available, Steak 'n Shake Franchise Partners are equipped to handle decisions and reap the rewards of achieving the American Dream.