Free Consultation

5 Reasons Your Social Media Efforts Are Failing

So the digital age is here, and our target audiences are all over social media. In fact, out of our total population of 7.395 billion people globally, 2.307 billion are active social media users, with a 10% increase over 2015. Pretty interesting, right?

 

Generally speaking, if you aren’t having much success with your social media efforts then there is a piece and/or pieces of the puzzle that are missing.

 

Let’s take a look at 5 reasons why YOU aren’t getting the traction you’d like to have on social:

 

Post frequency.

If you’re posting once or twice a week to your social accounts, and expecting to have top-of-mind awareness with your potential clientele, you’ve set yourself up for failure already. In marketing, there is a commonly known “rule of seven” that applies to everything marketers do. It essentially states that in order for a potential client to remember your brand, pitch or campaign, it will take seven attempts for them to connect and process that information. With that being said, staying in front of your audience a mere once or twice a week will not help you generate the social buzz you desire. Increase your number of posts (once per day for starters), but keep in mind that quality will always outweigh quantity, so be strategic in all that you do.

 

Timing.

Like frequency, timing of posts also plays a huge role to the success of any social media campaign. It is vitally important that you are extremely familiar with your target audience, and pay close attention to the times when you are receiving the highest levels of engagement. If you notice that the majority of your followers are scrolling through and liking your content between 8-10 P.M. on weeknights, then posting between those times during the week should be your priority when releasing content.

 

You aren’t creating a lasting impression.

While consistency of posts is certainly an essential piece to the puzzle, focusing on generating stand out content that leaves an ongoing impression on your followers is essential to growth and engagement. Share your brand story, give a behind-the-scenes look at your business — anything you can do to give a unique value to your brand will work wonders in the digital world.

 

Your content lacks value.

The most important aspect of successful social media management stems from the quality of content you are creating. Are you posting pixelated photos? Sharing content without adding to the conversation? It is important that you position yourself, and your brand, as a credible resource within whichever industry or field you wish to be a part of. Create a mix of industry related content, non-related content, polls, FAQ sessions…anything you can do to keep the conversation going and increase your online presence.

 

Too much self-promotion.

Social media users are using these platforms as a form of entertainment and education — not to be served a million ads. With that in mind, it is vitally important that you make sure there is a healthy mix of self-promoted content to non-promotional content within your strategy. A good rule of thumb is the 80/20 rule. 80% of your content should be non-promotional, with the remaining 20% focused on promoting you, your services or your product.

 

Let’s chat.

Burnt out and looking for a career change that will give you the freedom and flexibility you desire? It could be time to take a look at business ownership and the numerous benefits that being your own boss could create for you. FranNet has a great track record of assisting individuals on their path to entrepreneurship, and one of our franchise experts would love to provide you with guidance free of charge. Sound like something you might be interested in? Get started here.

By |2016-11-02T00:00:00+00:00November 2nd, 2016|Categories: General|Tags: , , , , , , , |