FranNet Verified Brand
FranNet Verified Brands are reviewed by FranNet to ensure legitimacy and industry required documentation.
|Liquid Capital Required:||$140,000 - $200,000|
|Net Worth Required:||$500,000|
|Total Investment:||$197,150 - $359,100|
|Royalty Type:||5% of total Gross Sales|
|Financing:||Via 3rd party|
|Incorporated Name:||City Wide Franchise Company, Inc.|
|Home Office:||Lenexa, Kansas|
About City Wide
City Wide is the largest management company in the building maintenance industry, facilitating janitorial and more than 20 additional maintenance services for every client. But we do more than just manage maintenance services for commercial facilities — we pride ourselves on being a partner that helps you save time and solve problems.
Values & History
In the late 1950s, Mr. Frank Oddo was working for his father in the family's grocery store, where they struggled to find reliable cleaners in the evenings. That pain point drove Mr. Oddo to do something about it — which ultimately led to the birth of City Wide Maintenance in 1961.
City Wide began as a typical janitorial service company by employing all the workers and providing "just the basics." However, as time went on, City Wide received requests to provide more services and in response, Mr. Oddo became a jack-of-all-trades, master of none. Management was spending their time recruiting, interviewing, hiring, and counseling minimum wage employees instead of managing client relationships. By managing the services requested by a facility, instead of performing these services ourselves, City Wide can focus on and represent the client, thus reducing your stress and time associated with managing multiple vendors and services. Due to City Wide's growing success, and with a desire to help others, Jeff identified a way to replicate the model.
Market & Demand
Building maintenance is a more than $100 billion industry. However, the market is oversaturated with mediocre services.
That's why City Wide works hard to go above and beyond what clients expect from a maintenance crew. We approach every service with the highest level of professionalism because we never want to be a company that only checks off a task on a to-do list. We want to make sure every interaction has our City Wide values written all over it.Here are some bonus features to partnering with City Wide:
- Annual contracts that provide repeat/compounding revenue
- An enormous market where every commercial building is a potential client
- A scalable model with no hourly employees
- More than 20 ways to open a door to new business including supplies, floor care, window washing and lawn services.
Purchasing a City Wide Franchise
There's a total initial investment of $197,150 - $359,100, $500,000 net worth and a $140,000-200,000 liquid capital.
The economic potential of City Wide is strong. Based on the earnings claim in Item 19 of the Franchise Disclosure Document (FDD) City Wide makes a compelling business model. For individuals willing to work hard, follow the system and build a team around them, income and wealth goals and aspirations can be achieved.
Ideal Candidate & Qualifications
Successful City Wide owners exhibit these professional, behavioral and financial qualifications:
- 5-10 years of sales experience
- Strong relationship building and organizational skills
- Business to business sales experience
- Competitive, self-motivated, high-energy, money motivated
- Outgoing, expressive individuals with backgrounds like business development, sales, sales management, marketing, training and recruiting
- Possess the energy, charisma and leadership skills to lead a team
- Proactive, results-oriented multitaskers who have a strong sense of urgency
- Persuasive problem solvers who understand and enjoy helping people achieve their goals
Training & Support
City Wide prides itself on providing a quality experience for all new franchise owners. The Home Office team will provide support from our subject matter experts in the areas of business, office location, people, marketing and training:
- Business Entity Established
- Tax Permits & Business License
- Office Location Selection
- Recruiting Strategy & Staffing
- CareerPlug (ATS)
- Wonderlic and PI Assessments
- Chaperoned City Visit
- City Wide University
- Home Office Franchisee Training
- In-Market Training