Dickey’s Barbecue Pit Franchise
Between dine-in, take-out, delivery, holiday meals, and catering, your guests have endless ways to get a hold of Dickey's famous barbecue.
To buy a franchise with Dickey’s Barbecue Pit, you'll need to have at least $100000 in liquid capital.
Total Units: 550
Year Founded: 1941
Franchising Since: 1996
Home Office: Dallas, TX
Locations Available: See Below*
Liquid Capital Required: $100,000
Net Worth Required: N/A
Total Investment: $256,360 – $443,045
Franchise Fee: N/A
Royalty Type: -
Vetern Discount: 25% or $5,000 off the franchise fee for the initial agreement
*Dickey’s Barbecue Pit is currently accepting inquiries from the following locations: Alabama, Alaska, Arizona, Arkansas, California, Colorado, Connecticut, Delaware, Florida, Georgia, Hawaii, Idaho, Illinois, Indiana, Iowa, Kansas, Kentucky, Louisiana, Maine, Maryland, Massachusetts, Michigan, Minnesota, Mississippi, Missouri, Montana, Nebraska, Nevada, New Hampshire, New Jersey, New Mexico, New York, North Carolina, North Dakota, Ohio, Oklahoma, Oregon, Pennsylvania, Rhode Island, South Carolina, South Dakota, Tennessee, Texas, Utah, Vermont, Virginia, Washington, West Virginia, Wisconsin, Wyoming
Values & History
Before Dickey's became the world's largest barbecue franchise, we were a small, family-operated barbecue joint in Dallas, Texas.
In 1941, WWI veteran Travis Dickey opened the first Dickey's Barbecue Pit. Back then, Travis smoked our now famous brisket in the pit while his wife, Miss Ollie Dickey, served stacked sandwiches to hungry patrons in their neighborhood.
While we have come a long way since our days in the original Dickey's restaurant, some things will never change. We still slow smoke all of our meats on-site in our open kitchens where guests can interact with our Pit Masters.
We still use our original recipes to smother our hickory-smoked meats and make our beloved barbecue beans. And most importantly, we still offer the same Southern hospitality we had when Miss Ollie herself was serving our Texas barbecue.
Market Demand & AdvantageDickey's started as a dream and a passion for barbecue in Travis Dickey's kitchen in Dallas, Texas. Today, we have translated our generational love of quality competition-style barbecue into a proven business model that offers franchisees a way to own a slice of the Dickey's Barbecue Pit legacy.
With over 75 years of experience cooking up the tastiest smoked meats around and over 25 years of helping franchisees reach their goals, we know our way around the barbecue business.
We've worked hard to provide our franchisees with the benefits they value and the delicious products their customers love, all while lending a helping hand each step of the way.
Training & Support
- We provide a combination of in-depth classroom style and hands-on training affectionately known as Barbecue University
- By the time you're done, you're going to feel like you got a master's in barbecue.
- Your Dickey's Barbecue Pit will boast six revenue streams including dine-in, catering, retail items, holiday meals, online ordering, and delivery.
- When you sign on, you'll receive continuous support in all areas of your business, from site construction to marketing and beyond.
- We've built an extensive menu relying on relatively few ingredients which lets franchisees make the most of their savory offerings while keeping costs low.
- As the largest fast-casual barbecue franchise in the world, Dickey's is in a class all its own, but we still sweeten the deal with protected territories that further limit your competition.
Ideal Candidate & Qualifications
We seek out people who:
- Are genuine barbecue fanatics with a love for the culture that surrounds the category, including exceptional, friendly service
- Are hands-on with their team and love to mingle with their guests
- Love being in their restaurants as much as possible
- Are hungry for growth
- Understand that great leaders aren't afraid to roll up their sleeves and help out in all areas of their business
- Are active members of their community
- Know the value of a slow-smoked stack of ribs and a hard day's work
- Are natural-born leaders with effective management skills
- Have a gift for inspiring their teams to do their best work
Purchasing a Dickeys Barbecue Pit Franchise
Total Investment: $256,360 - $443,045. Liquid Capital Required: $100,000.
While Texas-style barbecue may be an American tradition, it has become popular in cities all over the world. Dickey's Barbecue Pit has already spread to markets across the globe, but there are still prime territories ripe for expansion.
We're looking for master franchisees with an extensive background in multi-unit operations and a knack for building businesses to bring our famous barbecue to their markets.
"*" indicates required fields