Discovery Maps Franchise
To buy a franchise with Discovery Maps, you'll need to have at least $61000 in liquid capital. Discovery Maps charges a franchise fee of $25000.
Total Units: -
Year Founded: -
Franchising Since: -
Home Office: La Conner, WA
Locations Available: See Below*
Liquid Capital Required: $61,000
Net Worth Required: N/A
Total Investment: N/A
Franchise Fee: $25,000
Royalty Type: -
Vetern Discount: -
*Discovery Maps is currently accepting inquiries from the following locations: Alabama, Alaska, Arizona, Arkansas, California, Colorado, Connecticut, Delaware, District Of Columbia, Florida, Georgia, Hawaii, Idaho, Illinois, Indiana, Iowa, Kansas, Kentucky, Louisiana, Maine, Maryland, Massachusetts, Michigan, Minnesota, Mississippi, Missouri, Montana, Nebraska, Nevada, New Hampshire, New Jersey, New Mexico, New York, North Carolina, North Dakota, Ohio, Oklahoma, Oregon, Pennsylvania, Rhode Island, South Carolina, South Dakota, Tennessee, Texas, Utah, Vermont, Virginia, Washington, West Virginia, Wisconsin, Wyoming
Values & History
We are the USA's leading map and guide publishing franchise company. We play a vital role in marketing the travel and tourism industry which is the third-largest and fastest-growing economic sector in the U.S. This sector generates more than $525 billion a year in revenues. Our headquarters in La Conner, Washington, we motivate recreational and shopping travelers to explore communities. We produce full-color, illustrated maps, in-room hotel guest directories, and online products that are incredibly fun, functional and free. We have been in business since 1987 and started marketing our franchises nationwide from 2004.
MarketIf you're wondering why you should be our franchisee, here are some reasons why you should choose us:
- We have over 40 years' experience in the illustrated tourist map industry, with access to print vendors, ad designers and illustrators.
- We're a reputable brand with 130 maps in publication across the US, Canada and Puerto Rico.
- Our print buying power is nearly 20 million copies per year.
- We have a purpose-built content management system that streamlines map production and digital publication.
- We've got a fun, friendly and proven business model in which you can be a part of with one or more maps.
How Do I Make Money?Our business model is quite simple with few moving parts. Your profit is the difference between your gross sales (ad revenue) and your cost of goods (maps and hotel guest directories) and your other business operating expenses.
Unlike most franchises, there are no ongoing royalties. This should save you tens of thousands of dollars over the lifetime of your franchise which could easily pay for your franchise.
Training & Support
- Classroom and field training is provided.
- Ongoing operational support.
- Access to our Discovery Map brand, trade-dress, sales training and sales collateral.
Ideal Candidate & Qualifications
- No previous publishing experience is required.
- Business-to-business sales experience is necessary.
- Friendly, outgoing, result-oriented and understands the importance of meeting key deadlines.
Purchasing a Discovery Maps Franchise
The initial franchise fee is $25,000.
As a Discovery Map franchise owner, you'll be getting two businesses for the price of one. With your hand-illustrated, customized map and your interactive web map business and later, your hotel guest directory business, your role will be building relationships with local merchants who depend on revenue gotten from visitor expenses.
You'll have the exciting opportunity to allow local businesses to capture a greater share of visitor spending by having them advertise on the map! This is a reciprocal relationship where businesses advertise on your map and you strengthen their bottom line.
"*" indicates required fields
"*" indicates required fields