Dunn Bros Coffee Franchise
To buy a franchise with Dunn Bros Coffee, you'll need to have at least $100000 in liquid capital and a minimum net worth of $500000. Dunn Bros Coffee charges a franchise fee of $37500.
Total Units: -
Year Founded: -
Franchising Since: -
Home Office: Rapid City, SD
Locations Available: See Below*
Liquid Capital Required: $100,000
Net Worth Required: $500,000
Total Investment: $385,200 – $609,600
Franchise Fee: $37,500
Royalty Type: -
Vetern Discount: -
*Dunn Bros Coffee is currently accepting inquiries from the following states: Alabama, Alaska, Arizona, Arkansas, California, Colorado, Connecticut, Delaware, District Of Columbia, Florida, Georgia, Hawaii, Idaho, Illinois, Indiana, Iowa, Kansas, Kentucky, Louisiana, Maine, Maryland, Massachusetts, Michigan, Minnesota, Mississippi, Missouri, Montana, Nebraska, Nevada, New Hampshire, New Jersey, New Mexico, New York, North Carolina, North Dakota, Ohio, Oklahoma, Oregon, Pennsylvania, Rhode Island, South Carolina, South Dakota, Tennessee, Texas, Utah, Vermont, Virginia, Washington, West Virginia, Wisconsin, Wyoming
Values & History
Fresh from their roastery experiences in Portland, Oregon, the Dunn brothers, Ed and Dan, moved to the Twin Cities in the late 1980s. Their mission was quite simple:
- Roast in small batches.
- Serve the freshest brew possible.
- Provide a warming coffee experience.
- Put the community at the core of the business.
We roast small batches of coffee, in-store, every day. That's why our coffee is never more than 5 days old. Roasting in small batches promises a more fresh, rich, and enjoyable coffee experience. Success depends on the care and expertise of the roaster, which is why our roasters complete the Dunn Brothers Coffee Certified Roaster Program.
Market & CompetitionSince 1987, Dunn Bros Coffee has been a stand-out in the coffee house market. There is a huge amount of market potential yet to be tapped in coffee, and many people are looking for a very high-quality alternative. Success can be achieved in today's competitive world by having a distinctive point of difference. Our shops highlight this difference by using state-of-the-art, on-site micro-roasting techniques. So, daily, our locations are roasting very select, high-quality coffee beans…right in front of our customers so they can see how their perfect cups of coffee come to be.
Our pastries are baked in-store, not delivered pre-made. We also offer a mix of made-to-order signature sandwiches and freshly-made salads.
Besides Starbucks, we stand head to head against other coffee retailers and bakery shops like Dunkin' Donuts and Panera. We are often located in the same shopping areas as well. We also sell coffee beverages and coffee beans by the pound, and an assortment of frozen beverages, baked goods, soups, and sandwiches.
Training & Support
- Site location guidance and assistance.
- Ongoing support to improve team member skills and support special events.
- Conduct regularly-scheduled phone calls and on-site visits.
- Develop strategy and implementation plans for national and local marketing promotions.
- Provide you with the tools, knowledge, and resources to successfully market and grow your business.
- A 2-day Dunn Brothers Coffee New Operator Orientation Training.
- A 2-week training class at the headquarters in Minneapolis, MN, and in your store when it's ready.
- On-site support and training for your store opening, including in-store coffee bean roasting, operations, and marketing.
- Training resources to ensure you and your team have the skill and knowledge to create the Dunn Brothers Coffee experience in your store.
- Training in business management, customer service, merchandising, and retailing.
Ideal Candidate & Qualifications
We require our franchise owners to have $100,000 in liquid assets and $500,000 net worth except if they have specialty coffee management experience.
Purchasing a Dunn Bros Coffee Franchise
The cost of ownership of a Dunn Brothers Coffee shop ranges between $385,200 to $609,600 and the initial franchise fee is $37,500. When you buy a Dunn Brothers Coffee shop, you'll not only learn how to roast coffee, you'll also have an opportunity to visit and meet with the farmers in the countries from which we buy our beans.