Home Helpers Franchise
To buy a franchise with Home Helpers, you'll need to have at least $100000 in liquid capital and a minimum net worth of $250000. Home Helpers charges a franchise fee of $48900.
Total Units: 300
Year Founded: 1997
Franchising Since: 1997
Home Office: Cincinnati, OH
Locations Available: See Below*
Liquid Capital Required: $100,000
Net Worth Required: $250,000
Total Investment: $84,750 – $136,900
Franchise Fee: $48,900
Royalty Type: -
Vetern Discount: 20%
*Home Helpers is currently accepting inquiries from the following locations: Alabama, Alaska, Arizona, Arkansas, California, Colorado, Connecticut, Delaware, District Of Columbia, Florida, Georgia, Hawaii, Idaho, Illinois, Indiana, Iowa, Kansas, Kentucky, Maine, Maryland, Massachusetts, Michigan, Minnesota, Mississippi, Missouri, Montana, Nebraska, Nevada, New Hampshire, New Jersey, New Mexico, New York, North Dakota, Ohio, Oklahoma, Pennsylvania, South Carolina, South Dakota, Tennessee, Texas, Utah, Vermont, Virginia, Washington, West Virginia, Wisconsin, Wyoming
Values & History
Since 1997, we have been committed to providing convenient in-home services for our communities. Our mission is to be the extended family when the family can't be there — providing top quality in-home care and home health care services that improve quality of life and create peace of mind. We work with families to make the best care decisions with customized, affordable options that keep loved ones where they belong: at home, living safe, independent, and engaged lives.
We firmly believe that in order to bring about bold change, you need to make bold choices. We strive to be bold in everything we do, and it shows.
Being B.O.L.D. means:
- Bring your passion every day
- Own your results
- Love what you do
- Driven by excellence
Home Helpers Home Care is an award winning franchise and We are proud that we have been consistently recognized for our services over the years. In fact, we have a track record of more than 22 years in franchising and serving more than 1,000 communities in North America, and boast over $1 billion in system revenue.
Unlike other industries, the home care industry has proven to be one that is reliable and consistent. Studies have shown that older adults who have the means prefer to remain in their own home and maintain as much independence and dignity as possible for as long as they can. At Home Helpers Home Care, we help people achieve this goal by offering the care and assistance they need in the comfort of their home. 40% of adults over 65 need daily assistance, and 70% will need help at some point. With these numbers, there is no doubt that our services will always be in high demand.
In fact, According to AARP, the ratio of potential family caregivers to those over 80 will decrease from 7:1 today, to 4:1 by 2030, and to less than 3:1 by 2050. Add to that the fact that today, nearly half of all adults aged 45 or older are providing at least 20 hours of care for an adult loved one each week. And yet on average, adults aged 60 and over with one or more adult children live more than 280 miles from their nearest child. All of these factor into the success of Home Helpers over the years and reflect a high prospect for continued growth in years to come.
Training & Support
One of the benefits of our home care franchise opportunity is that while you may be working for yourself, you are never in business by yourself. We offer extensive training to make sure you are prepared to open your business, and we are here for you throughout to make sure you feel supported.
- Owner training program. Comprehensive pre-opening and start-up training combine classroom experiences with individualized coaching through your opening and beyond.
- National support center. Our team of management, marketing, training, and other professionals works closely with you to develop a plan for success and offers an experienced perspective on your business and insights into your market.
- Recruitment and training. The Caregivers who serve your clients are the backbone of your business. Only Home Helpers Home Care supports local ownership with recruitment, screening, and training processes and tools that ensure you have the most qualified people representing you.
- Ongoing support. Through office visits, meetings, webinars, training sessions, and learning materials, Home Helpers Home Care makes sure your operations stay current year after year. You'll also enjoy the opportunity to join owners' performance groups, which allow operators with similar challenges to exchange ideas and best practices to achieve their mutual growth goals. You'll also have opportunities to attend annual conferences and regional meetings to connect with other franchisees and stay on top of industry trends.
Ideal Candidate & Qualifications
Our owners come from varying backgrounds — from the corporate world to stay-at-home parents — and everything in between. Many of our owners do not have healthcare experience and the majority have never owned their own business. There is no industry-specific knowledge that is required because everything you need is contained in our business model and training systems.
Despite this, we have found over the years that our most successful franchisees share several similar traits. These include:
- Desire to help others in the local community
- Commitment to providing exceptional care
- Dream of building and owning a successful business
- Motivation to achieve goals
- Enjoy a challenge
- Know what they want in life and are willing to go for it
- Enjoy working with people
- Receive satisfaction from doing a good job
- Willing to learn
- Believe in themselves
Purchasing a Home Helpers Franchise
Home Helpers Home Care is proud to be one of the most affordable franchises in the senior care sector. Other than the initial one-time franchise fee of $48,900, we usually suggest a minimum of $84,740 - $136,900 in additional cash on hand to launch your business to take care of expenses like state licensing, liability insurance, marketing, software, etc. A minimum liquid capital of $100,000 and minimum net worth of $250,000 are also required.
We offer access to third-party financing options customized for each buyer's situation. These options range from using unsecured credit lines to home equity loans, to the use of your 401K without any penalties.