|Liquid Capital Required:||$40,000 - $50,000|
|Total Investment:||$115,000 - $125,000|
|Royalty Type:||5% royalty fee|
|Financing:||Via 3rd party|
|Veteran Discount:||10% Off Initial Franchise Fee of New Franchise Opportunities|
About Home Instead Senior Care
Home Instead Senior Care has been leading the senior care industry since 1994. Neither giving nor receiving care is easy. Home Instead Senior Care puts relationships first to support those giving care, to protect the dignity of those receiving care, and to enhance the quality of life for both seniors and their families in every caregiving experience. Home Instead CAREGivers provide compassionate and reliable home care services to help keep seniors safe and independent wherever they call home. If you believe in the importance of aging in place as we do, then becoming a Home Instead Senior Care franchise owner might be right for you.
Values & History
Founders Paul and Lori Hogan started Home Instead Senior Care in 1994 after the experience of helping Paul's grandmother remain at home through her elderly years. While it wasn't always easy, it was important. This experience gave them the desire to help other families with aging loved ones.
Home Instead Senior Care began by serving a handful of families in Omaha, Nebraska. Since those early years, our network has grown to over 1,000 franchises that provide in-home senior care from Topeka to Tokyo. And even though we lead the world in-home care services, we retain our traditional Midwestern values. We always operate from the heart.
Home Instead Senior Care is the leading provider of in-home, non-medical senior care worldwide. We are an award-winning franchise, with recognitions spanning over a decade and coming from multiple countries. Named the Best in Senior Care Category by Franchise Business Review in 2018, Home Instead Senior Care is truly a franchise you can trust, with a proven model that really works.
Worldwide, the senior population is rapidly growing and is expected to continue to grow faster than any other age group. By 2050, the number of people aged 60 years or older will more than double what it is today, according to the United Nations Population Fund and HelpAge International. That means a significant increase in demand for solutions like in-home care that can help aging adults maintain good health and live longer as engaged members of society. The increase in demand also makes in-home senior care franchises one of the fastest growing business opportunities in the franchise industry.
Purchasing a Home Instead Senior Care Franchise
A Home Instead Senior Care franchise is one of the most affordable options in all of franchising. For a new franchise in a previously unopened market, you're looking at a total start-up cost range of $115,000 to $125,000. That includes:
- Initial Franchise Fees ($55,000)
- Office Space and Insurances ($20,000)
- First Year Working Capital ($40,000-50,000)
- Income and Living Expenses (Additional)
Ideal Candidate & Qualifications
Above all, the ideal owner is someone who has the right intentions. If you have a sincere desire to work with seniors and a genuine passion for helping others, you're on the right track. We look for franchise owners who are driven by a passion to improve the quality of life for seniors and who put their compassion for others first.
When it comes to specific owner qualifications, we don't have a strict set of requirements for education or experience. Our franchisees come from many different walks of life and backgrounds. However, we believe that the strongest Home Instead Senior Care franchise owners share a distinct set of qualities and key skills, which include:
- Care for Seniors: Successful franchisees possess a genuine desire to work with seniors, compassion for them and their families, and ease in providing care and support.
- Business Skills: Of course, there are certain skills that are required for running a business that are useful to have prior knowledge and experience with, including experience in marketing, leadership, and a commitment to owning and operating a business full-time.
- Personal Qualities: Ideal franchisees possess a competitive nature, strong communication and relationship-building skills as well as the ability to motivate self and others, and of course they have the financial capacity for franchise investment.
Training & Support
At Home Instead Senior Care we want you to succeed. We'll provide you with award-winning marketing materials and you'll follow our proven model, but our support is about much more than that. It's about someone having your back. Someone who can help when you don't have the answers. Someone you can trust and be honest with you about what's going on in your business, and someone who will be honest back. This is more than just a franchise network. This is a family that is eager to help you succeed.
No matter what professional background or business experience you have to start with, we'll help make sure you're ready to hit the ground running. Our thorough training program taught by industry experts will prepare you with the knowledge and tools you and your staff need to get started, including:
- Preliminary operational guidance to prepare you for initial training courses
- A week-long training class at our global headquarters in Omaha, Nebraska
- A business advisory team to give you advice and guidance during your tenure as an owner
- Access to industry training resources, including web-based training for you, your key staff and your CAREGivers
- Multi-phased training that covers specialized areas such as in-home safety, senior care education, and Alzheimer's care