Sylvan Learning Centers Franchise
At Sylvan, we're focused on building academic confidence, igniting intellectual curiosity, and inspiring a love for learning — all of which make a big impact in school and life.
To buy a franchise with Sylvan Learning Centers, you'll need to have at least $75000 in liquid capital and a minimum net worth of $150000. Sylvan Learning Centers charges a franchise fee of $24000.
Total Units: 750+
Year Founded: 1979
Franchising Since: 1980
Home Office: Cockeysville, MD
Locations Available: See Below*
Liquid Capital Required: $75,000
Net Worth Required: $150,000
Total Investment: $70,980 – $159,885
Franchise Fee: $24,000
Royalty Type: 16% of monthly gross revenue, $32,000 min
Vetern Discount: 10% Off Initial Franchise Fee
*Sylvan Learning Centers is currently accepting inquiries from the following locations: Alabama, Alaska, Arizona, Arkansas, California, Colorado, Connecticut, Delaware, Florida, Georgia, Hawaii, Idaho, Illinois, Indiana, Iowa, Kansas, Kentucky, Louisiana, Maine, Maryland, Massachusetts, Michigan, Minnesota, Mississippi, Missouri, Montana, Nebraska, Nevada, New Hampshire, New Jersey, New Mexico, New York, North Carolina, North Dakota, Ohio, Oklahoma, Oregon, Pennsylvania, Rhode Island, South Carolina, South Dakota, Tennessee, Texas, Utah, Vermont, Virginia, Washington, West Virginia, Wisconsin, Wyoming
Values & History
For over 40 years, we've helped millions of students and families achieve new levels of academic success.
We developed our proprietary Sylvan Method™ through academic research, years of teaching experience, and technology.
Whether a child has fallen behind or is way ahead of the class, Sylvan has a program to challenge him/her, build confidence, boost study skills, and help deliver better grades.
The results speak for themselves.
Based on independent research, our students see up to two to three times more academic growth than other students. We're so confident that our Personalized Tutoring programs work that we guarantee children's progress.
Market Demand & AdvantageSylvan Learning had quite the year of franchise growth in 2019. The brand opened a total of 22 new centers in 2019, or almost two per month, and brought over 50 new franchisees into the system through new territory sales and center re-sales.
As a result of its aggressive growth plan, the brand currently has a double-digit pipeline of centers slated to open in 2020. The timing is perfect, as the company recently made changes that optimize the franchisee experience.
"Sylvan Learning made a lot of internal investments in 2019 to set us up for success in 2020," CEO John McAuliffe said. "We put in a new scheduling and admin system that makes operating a system much easier and migrated our internal technology to a cloud-based solution, which will make the delivery of our programs even more reliable. We are leveraging the fact that we've been in business for 40 years, which proves the quality of our product."
In terms of market growth in 2019, Sylvan Learning sold franchises in new territories in California, Delaware, Florida, Georgia, Massachusetts, New Jersey, Pennsylvania, Texas, Virginia, and Ontario. New centers also opened in the states of Alabama, California, Connecticut, Delaware, Florida, Georgia, New Jersey, New York, Pennsylvania, Texas, and Wyoming.
Training & Support
- We offer unmatched support due to the extensive center-level experience each member of its Franchise Operations team possesses.
- New franchisees have real-time access to a dedicated Franchise Business Consultant who they can lean on for operational insights and the Sylvan Support Center for any immediate needs once they are up and running.
- Sylvan franchisees benefit from comprehensive support and guidance from the moment they engage with the brand that carries through the opening process and continues in a regular cadence once their center is open.
- Our corporate team members regularly spend time in centers communicating with employees and franchisees to understand and find opportunities in the unique challenges they face.
- We also hold regional training sessions consistently to facilitate the sharing of new tools and best practices.
Ideal Candidate & Qualifications
We seek out people who:
- Are mission-driven professionals committed to education and involved in their local community
- Have a laser-focused approach to building the business through direct involvement
- Have the power of collective aptitude by seeking qualified business partners with complementary strengths and using the exceptional support resources our team offers
Purchasing a Sylvan Learning Centers Franchise
Franchise Fee: $24,000 Initial Fee. Net Worth Required: $150,000. Total Investment: $70,980 - $159,890. Liquid Capital Required: $75,000. Royalty Fee: 16% of monthly gross revenue, $32,000 min
Sylvan Learning plans to continue growing in all of these markets in 2020, which speaks volumes to the efficient way in which things are done at Sylvan Learning and its forward-thinking franchising approach.
With more than 750 points of presence across the globe, 5,000 school relationships, and over 40 years of great results for students, Sylvan Learning has perfected its consumer model, its growth plans, and business opportunity.
Along with the highest level of franchisee support and advancements in technology, Sylvan has created a best-in-class franchise opportunity.
"*" indicates required fields