Work from home opportunities have become much more common over the last few years. While it might not be for everyone, the ability to work from home is an attractive option for many individuals in the workforce. Franchise business ownership is also something people aspire to in a quest to be their own boss. A home-based franchise business combines the best of both worlds, offering individuals the opportunity to work from the comfort of their own home while pursuing their dreams of business ownership.
What Type of Person Should Pursue a Home-Based Business Opportunity?
While there are various types of franchise businesses, the following kinds of people are particularly suited for running a business from home:
- Individuals who have an entrepreneurial spirit
- Individuals who need flexibility (whether to care for a family member or other obligations)
- Individuals who are independent workers
Obviously, a home-based franchise opportunity is not ideal for a person who requires constant instruction and prefers to work outside of the home. However, if you have a desire to be your own boss while having the flexibility to do your work at home, then a home-based franchise business might be the perfect fit.
5 Benefits of Home-Based Businesses in Canada
- Lower Startup Costs – Running a business from home means you can avoid the high costs that come with setting up a physical business location. This will make it easier for you to find a franchise that fits your budget.
- Lower Overhead Costs – A home-based business also means that you will save on rent, utilities, internet, fuel costs, and more. Even more, it also offers tax benefits since you can write-off various home expenses. All of this reduces the financial risk when investing in business ownership.
- Flexible Hours – It’s said that “time is money” and this is certainly true when running a home-based business. Not only will you gain invaluable time to spend with family, but you will also have the freedom to choose how much time and effort you want to invest in your business.
- Work From Home – For some people, there’s nothing better than avoiding corporate dress codes in exchange for a comfortable home environment. You will also ditch the daily commute, which can save hours each day.
- You’re in Charge – You can be your own boss and avoid the micromanagement that comes with many workplace environments. You get to call the shots for your business and determine your own path to success.
Looking for a Home-Based Franchise in Canada? – We Can Help
Generally, a lifestyle franchise business offers the opportunity to work from home. More specifically, Canadian home-based franchises include: computer consulting, education tutoring, online trading, senior care, landscaping & maintenance, cleaning and janitorial, financial consulting, marketing services, and home décor.
Are you interested in pursuing a Canadian home-based franchise business in one of these industries? FranNet can help at no cost to you! An expert franchise consultant will help you explore various brands and understand all of your options so that you find an opportunity that meets your specific needs. Schedule your free consultation today!