You’ve heard it before: location, location, location. It can raise or lower the value of a home, and it can make the difference between success or failure when it comes to opening a new business.
Before you decide upon a location, you have to ask yourself some important questions:
- Does the building itself have the space I need to run the business successfully? When the business grows, will I be able to stay there?
- Is this a “drop-in” type of business? In other words, will I need a steady stream of foot traffic in order to be successful?
- Is there a competing business next door?
- Is there plenty of parking?
- Is it easy to find? Is it convenient for my future customers?
- Is it convenient for me? Do I live close by, or can I manage the commute while balancing family, friends, errands, and other interests?
- Who are my ideal customers? Do they live in this area?
- How will the taxes, laws, and regulations in the area impact my business?
Choosing a location is one of the most important decisions you’ll make. It can be frustrating as you find a spot that’s perfect in several ways and lacking in several others, so you’ll want to make sure you give yourself plenty of time to search thoroughly.
This is another big benefit to opening a franchise. The parent company knows what types of locations work best for the particular franchise, and they will help you find the perfect spot. This saves you time, money, and stress.
If you want this kind of guidance when opening your business, a franchise is a great opportunity. We can help you connect with a franchise that fits your budget, lifestyle, and interests. Contact us for your free consultation.