How to Use a Little-Known Business System as Your Best Vehicle for Business Success … The Best Kept Secret in Business Today … For the Right Person!
What is this Concept?
Imagine coming up with the idea of a new franchise concept that explodes in your area with dozens of new units opening up. Imagine having control of this concept and receiving royalties and franchisee fees on a consistent basis. Imagine having an idea like McDonald’s and having people wanting to buy into your opportunity. Imagine having access to the best business experts to help guide you in your new venture to build your organization to last. This opportunity is extremely rare, yet there are such businesses available if you know where to look. This unusual, highly successful opportunity is called MASTER FRANCHISING. With master franchising, you get all of the benefits mentioned above, but without the high cost and lengthy time period required to develop the concept from scratch. You get control of the successful franchise system in a specific geographic area, a proven track record that works, the brand name, and even a partner in the form of a corporate office, as well as other master franchisees, to give you valuable support, the latest innovations, and business expertise when you need it.
As a master franchisee (or regional/area franchisee, as they are sometimes called), your ways of generating income are expanded over that of a normal franchise. With a normal franchise, you are generally offering the product or service directly to the end-use customer, such as in a retail store. With a master franchise, you can generate income through your own stores or units, if you wish, with a significantly reduced royalty and franchise fee. In addition, you can generate revenue through:
- Franchise Fees – When you sell a franchise, you receive a franchise fee. Most franchise fees range from $20,000 to $50,000. In a typical master franchise program,
you keep about half of the fee!
- Ongoing Royalties – This is the ultimate income source. Once you help set up the franchises, you receive royalty income or annuity type income for the rest of the life of your franchises. Imagine receiving 2% to 5% of your franchisee’s volume every month!
- Products or Additional Services – Often, products or additional services needed by your franchisees can bring excellent additional income.
- Real Estate – If real estate is involved with the franchisee’s location, a master franchisee may become involved in the development and/or ownership of sites, and receive other types of real estate-related income.
A Very Prestigious Business
The prestige of owning a master franchise and controlling an entire area can give you great satisfaction. Your main job will be to act as a business consultant to your franchisees, and help them succeed in their own business. You will be associated with the elite brand name of the franchise as the main developer of an area, even though it will be your franchisees investing their money.
Improved Quality of Life
Master franchisees own and enjoy a quality of life business. Here are some key characteristics of the typical master franchise:
- Very few customers. Your customers are your franchisees. You help support a small number of franchisees who will own one or more franchise units each.
- Very few employees. Typically you will operate a master franchise by yourself initially, and then expand to have an administrative assistant, a trainer or other support person and a franchise salesperson. As your master franchise grows larger, you may need to add more staff, perhaps a general manager to run the operation so you may back away, if desired. We have found that many master franchisees, after having worked for three to seven years, can semi-retire and live off of an extremely good income, while spending limited time in the office.
- Very little office space. Many master franchises can be started out of a home office. Once you have enough franchises in place, you can expand to an outside office.
- You build equity in the business at a much faster rate than a normal business. Once you sell a few franchises or open your own stores or units, you increase the value of your business significantly. Not only do you have an existing business with cash flow, you have additional franchise opportunities to sell, which gives the master franchise a higher re-sale value. Typically a master franchise will sell for three to five times earnings.
- Low overhead. You don’t have to jump into the business with a large office, staff and
other overhead expenses. You can expand as you go.
- You have the option of setting up your own franchises at reduced rates. As you open your own outlets, you create another asset of value. You now have your master franchise with a specific value, and also your own franchise with its value. As the value of your franchise unit(s) increases, it increases the value of your master franchise. They are separate assets that you may sell when you would like.
- You own an exclusive territory. Only you and your designated franchisees will be allowed to develop franchises in your area.
- More freedoms exist in a master franchise than a normal franchise. You help set the standards of the franchise in your area.
- You stay up to date on the latest technology. Being part of a larger franchise system allows the best ideas to flow into the corporate office and then into the field. You’ll have your own research and development department built right in.
- You don’t need experience in the specific industry. You will receive industry-specific training and support from the corporate office in the beginning, and ongoing.
- Best of all – it is a franchise! Franchises as a whole enjoy a much higher success rate than independent (non-franchised) businesses.
If you think you have what it takes and would enjoy the role of a Master, all you need to do is find the right master franchise for you. Master Franchising or regional/area development franchises, as they are sometimes called, are the best-kept secret in business today … for the right person.