My varied experiences as a franchise owner, start-up founder, and franchisor give me the perspective to help my clients assess their real opportunities, risks and timing to make sound decisions.
These brokerage services come at no cost to you. Your investment, instead, is serious time and dedication to a process that can have life-changing outcomes.
With nearly 4,000 franchise concepts to choose from, finding the right franchise opportunity on your own can be inefficient and overwhelming. So, since 1987, we've continuously screened, vetted, and analyzed a select group of top-performing franchise opportunities across all industries. Then, we utilize our exclusive "Proven Match" Process to identify which of those top performers match your unique priorities, motivations, transferrable skills, and goals - and provide you the tools and support to subsequently perform thorough and effective due diligence on those matches.
If you are tired of building someone else's dream and want to create your own, I am here to help you. Because you will miss 100% of the shots that you never take!
Watch Our FranNet Success Stories!
Blake has two decades of franchising, and small business ownership experience. He is a Certified Franchise Executive and a graduate of the University of Michigan’s Psychology Program. He has built franchise systems from the ground up, helped found a start-up, assisted hundreds to become small business owners, and he currently owns a small business franchise - FranNet of The Heartland.
His free podcast, Heartland Franchise Guy, can be found on all major podcast platforms. Blake’s volunteer experience includes The Business Ethics Alliance, SCORE, Veterans in Business Forum, Bellevue Offutt Rising Professionals, Bunker Labs, Offutt’s Boots to Business program, SourceLink Nebraska, and the Entrepreneurs Education Collaborative.
The Heartland Franchise Guy
He's an Accountant for Franchisees & A Franchisee Himself
Luke is a Unicorn when it comes to franchising background. He owns multiple franchises, owns an accounting firm that specializes in helping local franchisees, and he's deeply embedded with multiple large franchisor organizations. What does he look for in a franchise? What does Luke think all great franchisors do well? What common mistakes should new franchisees avoid? His answer are not what you'd expect!!!
10 Frequently Asked Franchise Questions
What is a FranNet Franchise Consultant?
A FranNet franchise consultant is a local, franchise expert to advise you on franchise and business opportunities. Within our group, we have past and present franchisors, franchise executives, franchisees, regional and area developers, and other business professionals.
How Do We Help?
We help you by providing assorted research and information that will help you investigate different franchises to start your own business. We can introduce you to many different franchisors, so rather than having to go from place to place to learn about specific businesses, you can learn the basics about several options all in one spot! This saves you time and money.
FranNet Consultants help save you time and money in several ways: by educating you about franchising, by helping you research your business, by identifying the right structure and strategic mix of the businesses you are interested in, and by introducing you to the franchisors that fit your model.
We’ll encourage you to thoroughly research any franchise that you are investigating, and we’ll even help you find franchise attorneys and other advisors so you can gain more information before you buy. We believe that the more you know, the better the odds are that the choice you make will be a good one. As a result, we stress that you spend the necessary time to research before you buy. Once you’ve bought the business, it’s too late to change your mind.
How Much Do We Cost?
FranNet Consulting Services are 100% Free For Our Clients. Like a real estate agent, we make our commission only if and when a deal closes and are paid by the seller, not you, the buyer.
How Can We Work Together?
- Take Our Entrepreneur Readiness Profile
- Create your free Readiness Profile to evaluate the best business ownership options for you. First, you will complete a personality analysis and an investment range determination. From there, our algorithm can help determine what franchise options in your local market may be best able to meet your goals.
- Once you have your Entrepreneur Readiness Profile results, you may request a free, no-obligation review session with your local franchise consultant. During this meeting, you can gain more insight into what franchise opportunities may be best for your goals.
- After the review of your Readiness Profile, we work with you to determine what local franchise options may be worth exploring. Your local consultant will present you with a number of options and depending on which ones you are interested in, your consultant will make an introduction.
- We will help facilitate those introductions and coach you on the due diligence process. We will also provide guidance on which questions to ask, the Franchise Disclosure Documents (FDDs), and the tools you can use to rank the franchise opportunities for yourself.
- Once you’ve learned more about each franchise opportunity that you are interested in, you will be able to speak with active franchisees in their respective organizations to validate the business, support, and overall success of each opportunity.
- Before making a formal commitment to a franchise opportunity, you will attend a Discovery Day, usually on-site at the corporate headquarters of the specific franchise you’re interested in (In the wake of COVID-19, many franchisors are offering virtual Discovery Days). This Discovery Day is a great opportunity for you to meet the top management team, see their operational facility, and learn more about the day-to-day life of owning a business under their brand.
- Once you return from a Discovery Day, you’ll be in a position to decide if that specific franchise is the right fit for you. If it is, we’ll provide the necessary referrals to franchise attorneys, accountants, and funding partners to help complete your franchise due diligence. From there, it is your choice to sign the final franchise agreement and become a franchisee.