As a FranNet franchise consultant in Nebraska, Western Iowa, and Wisconsin, my role is to provide education about the franchise world, assist you with determining if franchise ownership is right for you, and identify franchise businesses that will offer you the best opportunity for success. My personal experience as a franchise owner and operator gives me the perspective to help my clients assess their real opportunities, risks and timing to make sound decisions.
I work with aspiring small business entrepreneurs, and those looking for additional businesses, in Bellevue, Council Bluffs, Des Moines, Fremont, Grand Island, Lincoln, Omaha, Scottsbluff, Sioux City, and the surrounding Nebraska and Western Iowa areas. We address your career options first, and work together face-to-face to determine if franchise ownership is a consideration.
Our structured FranNet Process has helped thousands of out-placed executives, semi-retired professionals, and people looking to create additional income find opportunities they may not have found on their own. More importantly our research process adds safety and clarity to buying a franchise for sale and starting a business for the first time. If you are tired of building someone else's dream and want to create your own, I am here to help you.
“With more than 3,000 franchise concepts to choose from, we understand that finding the right franchise opportunity can be overwhelming.” We work with successful franchise brands in many industries including retail, automotive, health and wellness, business-to-business, technology, service and education. As the oldest franchise consulting group in the country, we have nearly 30 years of experience in thoroughly screening these franchises to select the best from the rest.
Blake has two decades of franchising and small business ownership experience. This experience includes: Educating entrepreneurs about new franchise business opportunities; operation of new franchise businesses; franchise coaching, franchise consultation, and franchise guidance; new franchise business start ups; and coaching hundreds of franchise owners around the world. He is a Certified Franchise Executive and a graduate of the University of Michigan’s Psychology Program.
Blake is the franchise owner of FranNet of the Heartland, assisting entrepreneurs who are interested in new, or additional, small business ownership opportunities within Nebraska and Western Iowa. He is a Certified Franchise Executive and volunteer with the Omaha SCORE Chapter. Blake is a life-long Midwesterner, a long-time resident of Nebraska, and lives in Omaha with his wife and two sons.
What is a FranNet Franchise Consultant?
A FranNet franchise consultant is a local, franchise expert to advise you on franchise and business opportunities. Within our group, we have past and present franchisors, franchise executives, franchisees, regional and area developers, and other business professionals.
How Do We Help?
We help you by providing assorted research and information that will help you investigate different franchises to start your own business. We can introduce you to many different franchisors, so rather than having to go from place to place to learn about specific businesses, you can learn the basics about several options all in one spot! This saves you time and money.
FranNet Consultants help save you time and money in several ways: by educating you about franchising, by helping you research your business, by identifying the right structure and strategic mix of the businesses you are interested in, and by introducing you to the franchisors that fit your model.
We’ll encourage you to thoroughly research any franchise that you are investigating, and we’ll even help you find franchise attorneys and other advisors so you can gain more information before you buy. We believe that the more you know, the better the odds are that the choice you make will be a good one. As a result, we stress that you spend the necessary time to research before you buy. Once you’ve bought the business, it’s too late to change your mind.
How Much Do We Cost?
FranNet Consulting Services are 100% Free For Our Clients. Like a real estate agent, we make our commission only if and when a deal closes and are paid by the seller, not you, the buyer.
How Can We Work Together?
- Take Our Entrepreneur Readiness Profile
- Create your free Readiness Profile to evaluate the best business ownership options for you. First, you will complete a personality analysis and an investment range determination. From there, our algorithm can help determine what franchise options in your local market may be best able to meet your goals.
- Once you have your Entrepreneur Readiness Profile results, you may request a free, no-obligation review session with your local franchise consultant. During this meeting, you can gain more insight into what franchise opportunities may be best for your goals.
- After the review of your Readiness Profile, we work with you to determine what local franchise options may be worth exploring. Your local consultant will present you with a number of options and depending on which ones you are interested in, your consultant will make an introduction.
- We will help facilitate those introductions and coach you on the due diligence process. We will also provide guidance on which questions to ask, the Franchise Disclosure Documents (FDDs), and the tools you can use to rank the franchise opportunities for yourself.
- Once you’ve learned more about each franchise opportunity that you are interested in, you will be able to speak with active franchisees in their respective organizations to validate the business, support, and overall success of each opportunity.
- Before making a formal commitment to a franchise opportunity, you will attend a Discovery Day, usually on-site at the corporate headquarters of the specific franchise you’re interested in (In the wake of COVID-19, many franchisors are offering virtual Discovery Days). This Discovery Day is a great opportunity for you to meet the top management team, see their operational facility, and learn more about the day-to-day life of owning a business under their brand.
- Once you return from a Discovery Day, you’ll be in a position to decide if that specific franchise is the right fit for you. If it is, we’ll provide the necessary referrals to franchise attorneys, accountants, and funding partners to help complete your franchise due diligence. From there, it is your choice to sign the final franchise agreement and become a franchisee.