Buying a franchise is very attractive for many because it carries a level of autonomy and involves tested, proven operational systems that reduce entrepreneurial risk. Together we’ll explore if business ownership in franchising is right for you – both financially and as a career choice.
We help professionals and executives explore franchise ownership as a career alternative, a supplemental income source, or as an additional layer of retirement security. With the uncertainty in corporate Canada, many people have decided to go into business for themselves. Some have gone full-time in their new business while others have taken new day jobs, while investing in a franchise as a semi-absentee owner or as an opportunity for a family member to run.
Knowing where to start is often the biggest hurdle and with the overwhelming number of choices out there, many people avoid getting started. Our proven process and face-to-face consultations, allow us to establish a Business Model based on your individual preferences, personality, transferable skills, business and personal goals, and of course your budget. We recommend specific franchise concepts for you to investigate that align with your Business Model. Throughout this decision-making process, we coach and guide you in all aspects of your research.
Our commitment is to find the best-suited opportunity for our clients in a safe and affordable manner that best serves their long-term business goals and lifestyle choices. We offer consulting services on a no fee, no obligation basis to individuals considering business ownership.
Watch Our FranNet Success Stories!
ABOUT CHUCK PRENEVOST
With over 21 years as a successful entrepreneur and owner of his service-based business which he started from scratch, Chuck brings a unique perspective to the franchise industry. He developed his business into being recognized as one of the elite service providers in Canada with an annual ROI of 15% - 18%. Chuck knows and understands first-hand, the value of effective business systems and what it takes to start and grow a successful business.
Chuck’s extensive management skills include budgeting, P&L management, sales, marketing, executive-level negotiations, venture capital funding, Human Resource development, operations and logistics management. With real world experience, Chuck will work together with you to guide you through your business investigation and match you with franchise opportunities that align with your lifestyle and business goals.
Born in Edmonton, growing up in Winnipeg and having lived in Calgary and Toronto, Chuck now resides in the Vancouver area. He has experienced and gained a vast knowledge of the Western Canadian marketplace while understanding the uniqueness of each province and major city within the country.
Having sold his Toronto-based business in early 2008, Chuck and his wife Esta moved West, settling just north of Vancouver in the beautiful town of Squamish, BC where they work as ski instructors at the world-famous Whistler Blackcomb mountain.
Directly experiencing the benefits of the FranNet team at the Toronto office and seeing the potential of the business model, naturally motivated the decision for Chuck to join the Vancouver office and help the many like-minded entrepreneurs realize their dream of independence and business ownership across Western Canada.
10 Frequently Asked Franchise Questions
What is a FranNet Franchise Consultant?
A FranNet franchise consultant is a local, franchise expert to advise you on franchise and business opportunities. Within our group, we have past and present franchisors, franchise executives, franchisees, regional and area developers, and other business professionals.
How Do We Help?
We help you by providing assorted research and information that will help you investigate different franchises to start your own business. We can introduce you to many different franchisors, so rather than having to go from place to place to learn about specific businesses, you can learn the basics about several options all in one spot! This saves you time and money.
FranNet Consultants help save you time and money in several ways: by educating you about franchising, by helping you research your business, by identifying the right structure and strategic mix of the businesses you are interested in, and by introducing you to the franchisors that fit your model.
We’ll encourage you to thoroughly research any franchise that you are investigating, and we’ll even help you find franchise attorneys and other advisors so you can gain more information before you buy. We believe that the more you know, the better the odds are that the choice you make will be a good one. As a result, we stress that you spend the necessary time to research before you buy. Once you’ve bought the business, it’s too late to change your mind.
How Much Do We Cost?
FranNet Consulting Services are 100% Free For Our Clients. Like a real estate agent, we make our commission only if and when a deal closes and are paid by the seller, not you, the buyer.
How Can We Work Together?
- Take Our Entrepreneur Readiness Profile
- Create your free Readiness Profile to evaluate the best business ownership options for you. First, you will complete a personality analysis and an investment range determination. From there, our algorithm can help determine what franchise options in your local market may be best able to meet your goals.
- Once you have your Entrepreneur Readiness Profile results, you may request a free, no-obligation review session with your local franchise consultant. During this meeting, you can gain more insight into what franchise opportunities may be best for your goals.
- After the review of your Readiness Profile, we work with you to determine what local franchise options may be worth exploring. Your local consultant will present you with a number of options and depending on which ones you are interested in, your consultant will make an introduction.
- We will help facilitate those introductions and coach you on the due diligence process. We will also provide guidance on which questions to ask, the Franchise Disclosure Documents (FDDs), and the tools you can use to rank the franchise opportunities for yourself.
- Once you’ve learned more about each franchise opportunity that you are interested in, you will be able to speak with active franchisees in their respective organizations to validate the business, support, and overall success of each opportunity.
- Before making a formal commitment to a franchise opportunity, you will attend a Discovery Day, usually on-site at the corporate headquarters of the specific franchise you’re interested in (In the wake of COVID-19, many franchisors are offering virtual Discovery Days). This Discovery Day is a great opportunity for you to meet the top management team, see their operational facility, and learn more about the day-to-day life of owning a business under their brand.
- Once you return from a Discovery Day, you’ll be in a position to decide if that specific franchise is the right fit for you. If it is, we’ll provide the necessary referrals to franchise attorneys, accountants, and funding partners to help complete your franchise due diligence. From there, it is your choice to sign the final franchise agreement and become a franchisee.