I joined FranNet for the same reason that I became a lawyer - it is extremely rewarding to help people achieve their business and personal goals. Most people would love to have their own business but fear they might not be successful. I can tell you about the pros and cons of buying a franchised business – a tried and true business concept – and help you choose among the 3,000+ franchised businesses in existence to find the ones that best fit your skills, budget, personal needs and financial goals. If you are looking for franchise opportunities in Washington DC or franchises for sale in Northern Virginia then call me for a free consultation. I can help you work toward your goal of becoming a business owner or if you own a business, expand your holdings through a franchise purchase.
If you are interested in owning a business in Northern VA or Washington DC, please keep in mind that franchise ownership, while not for everyone, has many advantages over traditional start-ups, such as having access to proven successful marketing strategies, business plans, and industry-specific human and informational resources right from the very start. Feel free to contact me anytime to learn more about exciting franchise opportunities. Do you have what it takes to transform your life in the next 90 days by becoming a successful business owner? Let's talk franchise.
Heather is the President of FranNet of Virginia, part of a leading franchise advisory and development services firm with over 50 offices worldwide. She is also an attorney who previously advised small and medium sized businesses including sole proprietors on contractual matters, mergers and acquisitions, litigation strategy, corporate structure, bankruptcy matters, and real estate acquisitions and refinancings. In 2001, Heather became an in-house consultant to large, international law firms based in Washington, DC, advising partners and firm management on strategic planning, client targeting, marketing budget allocation, and proposal writing.
Heather left the legal services industry in 2009 to open FranNet of Virginia, extending FranNet’s reach and expanding her family’s 15 year old franchise consulting business.
As a franchise consultant for FranNet, Heather works with clients in Northern, Central and Western Virginia and Washington, DC. She also conducts franchise educational seminars throughout the region. Seminars are conducted in partnership with career transition agencies, Small Business Development Centers, SCORE offices, the US military, and federal, state and county government agencies. Heather is a graduate of Washington University in St. Louis and the Temple University Beasley School of Law.
What is a FranNet Franchise Consultant?
A FranNet franchise consultant is a local, franchise expert to advise you on franchise and business opportunities. Within our group, we have past and present franchisors, franchise executives, franchisees, regional and area developers, and other business professionals.
How Do We Help?
We help you by providing assorted research and information that will help you investigate different franchises to start your own business. We can introduce you to many different franchisors, so rather than having to go from place to place to learn about specific businesses, you can learn the basics about several options all in one spot! This saves you time and money.
FranNet Consultants help save you time and money in several ways: by educating you about franchising, by helping you research your business, by identifying the right structure and strategic mix of the businesses you are interested in, and by introducing you to the franchisors that fit your model.
We’ll encourage you to thoroughly research any franchise that you are investigating, and we’ll even help you find franchise attorneys and other advisors so you can gain more information before you buy. We believe that the more you know, the better the odds are that the choice you make will be a good one. As a result, we stress that you spend the necessary time to research before you buy. Once you’ve bought the business, it’s too late to change your mind.
How Much Do We Cost?
FranNet Consulting Services are 100% Free For Our Clients. Like a real estate agent, we make our commission only if and when a deal closes and are paid by the seller, not you, the buyer.
How Can We Work Together?
- Take Our Entrepreneur Readiness Profile
- Create your free Readiness Profile to evaluate the best business ownership options for you. First, you will complete a personality analysis and an investment range determination. From there, our algorithm can help determine what franchise options in your local market may be best able to meet your goals.
- Once you have your Entrepreneur Readiness Profile results, you may request a free, no-obligation review session with your local franchise consultant. During this meeting, you can gain more insight into what franchise opportunities may be best for your goals.
- After the review of your Readiness Profile, we work with you to determine what local franchise options may be worth exploring. Your local consultant will present you with a number of options and depending on which ones you are interested in, your consultant will make an introduction.
- We will help facilitate those introductions and coach you on the due diligence process. We will also provide guidance on which questions to ask, the Franchise Disclosure Documents (FDDs), and the tools you can use to rank the franchise opportunities for yourself.
- Once you’ve learned more about each franchise opportunity that you are interested in, you will be able to speak with active franchisees in their respective organizations to validate the business, support, and overall success of each opportunity.
- Before making a formal commitment to a franchise opportunity, you will attend a Discovery Day, usually on-site at the corporate headquarters of the specific franchise you’re interested in (In the wake of COVID-19, many franchisors are offering virtual Discovery Days). This Discovery Day is a great opportunity for you to meet the top management team, see their operational facility, and learn more about the day-to-day life of owning a business under their brand.
- Once you return from a Discovery Day, you’ll be in a position to decide if that specific franchise is the right fit for you. If it is, we’ll provide the necessary referrals to franchise attorneys, accountants, and funding partners to help complete your franchise due diligence. From there, it is your choice to sign the final franchise agreement and become a franchisee.