As part of one of the original FranNet Associate offices, with 41 years of combined franchising experience, I am here to help you learn the pros and cons of franchising, the costs, types of franchises and successful paths to take to make your research effective. I will guide you to the franchise that is right for you, and that matches your career and personal needs and wants.
FranNet is the largest franchise consulting firm in the United States. We provide education and guidance to clients interested in purchasing franchises. We represent over 100 national franchise companies in a number of different industries, and a range of investment levels. The FranNet process matches clients with the best franchise opportunities to help them find career independence.
Consider avoiding the hassles that are most often experienced with traditional start-ups and purchase a franchise business. As an experienced franchise consultant serving the san Jose area, I am eager to help you realize your dream of owning a business. Feel free to call me anytime or simply complete the form on this page and I will begin your research and get right in touch with you.
FranNet represents hundreds of franchise business interests in the US. This puts me in the ideal position to help you get your San Jose business up and going quickly and easily.
Our services are free. Contact me today to get started!
Watch Our FranNet Success Stories!
Katie works closely with clients to understand their goals, values, lifestyle, and interests to help coach them through the process of learning about franchising, and whether or not it is a fit for them. Her goal is to listen to her clients and assist them in making a sound decision on small business ownership. Katie focuses on understanding her clients and their needs, and from this - matching them with the most suitable business to attain the goals they have mapped out for their future. FranNet Honors: 2011 Rising Star 2012 #1 Top Producer 2013 #1 Top Producer
After leaving the world of journalism, Katie found a passion for small business and moved on to complete her MBA. She then took a corporate position as the Vice President of Operations in the small business financing division of a large lending firm in Chicago. Deciding the winters in Chicago were a bit too much, Katie relocated to Santa Barbara where she partnered with another business broker to open a specialty business brokerage firm. They focused on the resales of restaurants, franchises and retail and subsequently opened two businesses in the Santa Barbara area. When the opportunity of helping buyers find the “right” business came along, Katie joined FranNet immediately. She has found a passion for educating and consulting clients, and helping San Francisco Bay Area investors get into businesses and franchises that are right for them.
Katie Fagan holds an undergraduate degree in Mass Communications, a MBA from The University of Chicago (graduated with honors), and a PhD in Mass Communications.
10 Frequently Asked Franchise Questions
What is a FranNet Franchise Consultant?
A FranNet franchise consultant is a local, franchise expert to advise you on franchise and business opportunities. Within our group, we have past and present franchisors, franchise executives, franchisees, regional and area developers, and other business professionals.
How Do We Help?
We help you by providing assorted research and information that will help you investigate different franchises to start your own business. We can introduce you to many different franchisors, so rather than having to go from place to place to learn about specific businesses, you can learn the basics about several options all in one spot! This saves you time and money.
FranNet Consultants help save you time and money in several ways: by educating you about franchising, by helping you research your business, by identifying the right structure and strategic mix of the businesses you are interested in, and by introducing you to the franchisors that fit your model.
We’ll encourage you to thoroughly research any franchise that you are investigating, and we’ll even help you find franchise attorneys and other advisors so you can gain more information before you buy. We believe that the more you know, the better the odds are that the choice you make will be a good one. As a result, we stress that you spend the necessary time to research before you buy. Once you’ve bought the business, it’s too late to change your mind.
How Much Do We Cost?
FranNet Consulting Services are 100% Free For Our Clients. Like a real estate agent, we make our commission only if and when a deal closes and are paid by the seller, not you, the buyer.
How Can We Work Together?
- Take Our Entrepreneur Readiness Profile
- Create your free Readiness Profile to evaluate the best business ownership options for you. First, you will complete a personality analysis and an investment range determination. From there, our algorithm can help determine what franchise options in your local market may be best able to meet your goals.
- Once you have your Entrepreneur Readiness Profile results, you may request a free, no-obligation review session with your local franchise consultant. During this meeting, you can gain more insight into what franchise opportunities may be best for your goals.
- After the review of your Readiness Profile, we work with you to determine what local franchise options may be worth exploring. Your local consultant will present you with a number of options and depending on which ones you are interested in, your consultant will make an introduction.
- We will help facilitate those introductions and coach you on the due diligence process. We will also provide guidance on which questions to ask, the Franchise Disclosure Documents (FDDs), and the tools you can use to rank the franchise opportunities for yourself.
- Once you’ve learned more about each franchise opportunity that you are interested in, you will be able to speak with active franchisees in their respective organizations to validate the business, support, and overall success of each opportunity.
- Before making a formal commitment to a franchise opportunity, you will attend a Discovery Day, usually on-site at the corporate headquarters of the specific franchise you’re interested in (In the wake of COVID-19, many franchisors are offering virtual Discovery Days). This Discovery Day is a great opportunity for you to meet the top management team, see their operational facility, and learn more about the day-to-day life of owning a business under their brand.
- Once you return from a Discovery Day, you’ll be in a position to decide if that specific franchise is the right fit for you. If it is, we’ll provide the necessary referrals to franchise attorneys, accountants, and funding partners to help complete your franchise due diligence. From there, it is your choice to sign the final franchise agreement and become a franchisee.