FranNet Verified Brand
FranNet Verified Brands are reviewed by FranNet to ensure legitimacy and industry required documentation.
|Liquid Capital Required:||$68,500 - $114,400|
|Net Worth Required:||$200,000|
|Total Investment:||$73,300 - $160,700|
|Financing:||Via 3rd party|
|Incorporated Name:||Tutor Doctors Canada, Inc.|
|Home Office:||Wilmington, Delaware|
|Awards:||#1 at-home Tutoring Franchise Worlwide, Entrepreneur 500's Ranked, Child's Magazine's Parents Choice Award 2010 and 2011, 2013, Top 50 Franchises for Minorities, National Minority Franchising Initiative, G.I jobs Military Friendly Franchise, International Franchise Association member, Canadian Franchise Association member British Franchise Association Member, National Tutoring Association member|
About Tutor Doctor
With over 640 offices in 15 countries, Tutor Doctor is one of the leading in-home tutoring franchises in the world. The Tutor Doctor model is built on the belief that every student can learn, but they may learn differently. We help each student discover their learning style and work with them one-on-one to find a solution that helps them achieve their dreams. Tutors, recruited by franchisees, work with students in their homes to provide meaningful instruction to help them succeed.
Because this approach is so powerful, 95% of our customers recommend us, making our tutoring franchise model one of the most successful and fastest-growing education franchises on the market. And because we don't build brick and mortar classrooms for students to sit in, and because there's very little overhead, our in-home tutoring franchises are some of the most profitable franchises you'll find.
Values & History
The Tutor Doctor StoryTen years ago, parents were expected to play taxi driver and haul their children who needed tutoring help across town, where they would sit in yet another classroom-type setting.
Never mind that these kids were struggling because of the classroom setting. Never mind that the family had to break up their time at home, so Sally could get the help she needed. Never mind that the families' bank accounts dwindled because of the expensive, inconvenient tutoring franchises that were out there.
It occurred to us that the biggest way we could help these struggling students was to make it as easy on them as we made it on their parents. We met students in their homes, on their schedules, and priced it so that not only wealthy families could afford the educational advantage tutoring offered.
In 2003, when we saw how successful our in-home tutoring business was working for us, we turned to franchising to give students across the globe a fighting chance at success.
We worked tirelessly to figure out a way to give business owners who were interested in making a difference in the lives of children and their families a means to do just that, without actually being a tutor themselves.
ValuesAt Tutor Doctor, our company values are core to everything that we do. Our values are:
- Understanding: We begin by presuming the goodwill of others. We seek first to hear, not tell. To empathize, not criticize. To Know before we do.
- Curiosity: We demonstrate the power of learning by learning. We're interested and inquisitive, looking beyond what is to what could be.
- Ingenuity: We imagine, create, devise, and design. We fashion, we fit, and we form. We do what it takes to meet the needs of those we serve.
- Ownership: We're accountable for all that we do. We step up and seek responsibility. We own our work and earn our results.
- Grit: We don't quit.
Because the Tutor Doctor approach is so powerful, 7 out of 10 consultations close, making our tutoring business one of the most successful and fastest-growing education franchises on the market. We are very proud to say that 95% of our customers would recommend us to a friend or family member.
Private tutoring franchises are one of the fastest-growing industries worldwide, with tutoring on track to becoming a $128 billion industry by 2020, and Tutor Doctor was rated the number one in-home tutoring franchise by Entrepreneur magazine. We also won the Child Magazine's Parents Choice Award in 2010, 2011, and 2013 and the Top 50 Franchises for Minorities, National Minority Franchising Initiative.
Purchasing a Tutor Doctor Franchise
Low InvestmentOne of the very best things about the Tutor Doctor education franchise opportunity is that it is a low initial investment franchise. Working from home means you have no overhead and you don't need to employ staff unless you wish to grow. While other franchise investment opportunities cost hundreds of thousands of dollars, you can acquire a Tutor Doctor franchise with as little as $50,000.
Franchisee BenefitsThe freedom of owning your own business gives you the opportunity to finally live the lifestyle of your choice. When you work from home, you can balance family and work life and the commute is great! Tutor Doctor leads the way in one-on-one in-home tutoring franchise with a service that is second to none in Canada, US, UK and international markets. This is the opportunity you've been looking for as an entrepreneur.
- Low-cost startup with low overhead
- No build-out, leases or equipment
- No inventory
- Complete flexibility to set your own hours
- Up and running in less than 60 days!
- Immediate cash flow right out of the gate
- Work from home or a small office
- High demand, high growth industry
- Truly make a difference in the lives of children and their families
Ideal Candidate & Qualifications
Tutor Doctor franchisees are intelligent, driven, and come from different walks of life, including people who have come from the corporate world as leaders, managers, and executives, the education industry, and from the small business environment. Only 17% of our franchisees have prior experience in education while 83% come from diverse business backgrounds! They have had multiple career and business options.
Whether your background is in general business, sales and marketing, current or past business owner, teacher, veteran, IT, financial, or health, if you follow Tutor Doctor's proven system, you will build and expand your client base and achieve recurring revenue streams. Our process is geared toward guiding you along the path to independent profitability!
Training & Support
We provide our prospective education franchisees with extensive training and support every step of the way.
- Pre-training: Foundations to Launching: 80 Hours--Begin your journey with foundations training through our e-learning system. You will learn the key elements of preparing for the launch of your operations.
- In-field Training: Jump-start Program--This is a 12-week support program which includes a weekly live group webinar to help you apply everything you have learned in real time with real customers. This program helps you successfully launch your new business venture.
- Mentorship 2.0 The Acceleration Program--Our Mentoring Program 2.0 includes two phases: "Acceleration Calls" and "Parachuting". Here you are matched with an experienced mentor who will help you grow and be successful. On the "Acceleration Calls", you get regular advice from your mentor and then there is a phase where they "Parachute" into your location to help you succeed in your own community.
- Franchisee Support Network--Our Tutor Doctor franchisees are our family. You already know that they are caring and compassionate, so you won't be surprised to hear that they are supportive and helpful too. There are both formal and informal mentorship programs and you can reach out with questions on our open forums. You are not in it alone! We like to think of it as being in business for yourself, but not by yourself, and you will find a group of friends for life in your fellow franchisees.