Are you looking for franchise opportunities in Alabama or East Tennessee? Are you interested in knowing what business opportunities are available in Knoxville, TN or perhaps Birmingham, AL? Or maybe you are more interested in Chattanooga, TN or Huntsville, AL? Wherever your heart desires to call home, there are franchise business opportunities that fit your location and you to a T.
When you embark upon your journey to find the right business venture, you will discover that it can be a long and confusing process. Should you start your own business or buy a franchise for sale? Where do you get the funds for this business? How many employees can you afford? Should you be a hands-on manager? Or an absentee owner? The list goes on and on.
This is where I come in. With the knowledge and skills to help you sift through the piles of information and find the perfect business venture match for you, I am the one person you want to have in your corner as you navigate your way down the confusing path to franchise ownership.
As a FranNet Franchise Consultant, I help people throughout the Alabama and East Tennessee area investigate and explore a variety of franchise opportunities. I offer direction, information, resources and support to help people find a business model that meets their individual needs.
And, best of all, there is ABSOLUTELY NO COST to you for this expertise. If you are considering business ownership consider buying a franchise to speed up the process and eliminate many typical start-up concerns.
With hundreds of franchise opportunities in Alabama and the eastern Tennessee region there is very likely one that's just right for you. Take a few minutes and explore my website. You can also connect with me on LinkedIn, Facebook and Twitter.
Or, if you are reading that list of social media sites and thinking you are not really that technologically savvy, don’t worry! You can always get in touch with me by just picking up the phone and calling 423-451-8240. I'm here to help you.
Watch Our FranNet Success Stories!
Jerry Bird provides education and support to individuals who are interested in owning franchised businesses. With an extensive background in the business world, Jerry has the right combination of Executive Management, Business Ownership and Franchise Experience to help you match your interest, goals and skills to the right franchise for YOU!
Upon graduating from the University of Georgia, Jerry began climbing the corporate ladder for one of the oldest and largest companies in the retail industry. After achieving the position of Vice President of Store Operations, Jerry then went on to pursue several new opportunities including managing the largest franchise for one of the premier franchises (U.S. and International), serving as Managing Director of a large Beverage Supplier with world-wide distribution, and owning and operating his own business – including positioning it for sale.
According to Jerry, “'There are many people out there with an entrepreneurial spirit but are unsure what to do with it and that’s where I can help. My goal is to help those people find the business that falls in line with their overall goals, personality and professional skill set.'
Jerry’s background makes him uniquely suited to assist you in realizing your dream of small business ownership. Take advantage of all he has to offer while making your own dreams come true!
COMMUNITY AND PROFESSIONAL AFFILIATIONS
When not helping clients follow their dreams or spending time with his five grandchildren, Jerry keeps busy with a variety of activities. He is a member of the International Franchise Association (IFA), the Chattanooga Chamber of Commerce, the Alabama Franchise Association, the Rotary Club of Cleveland, and Main Street Cleveland.
Additionally, Jerry serves as the Chairman of the Advisory Board for the Tennessee Small Business Development Centers, as a member of the Business Advisory Board at Chattanooga State Community College, as a member of the Small Business Advisory Board for the Cleveland Chamber of Commerce, and as an executive advisor and counselor at the Chattanooga SCORE chapter.
10 Frequently Asked Franchise Questions
What is a FranNet Franchise Consultant?
A FranNet franchise consultant is a local, franchise expert to advise you on franchise and business opportunities. Within our group, we have past and present franchisors, franchise executives, franchisees, regional and area developers, and other business professionals.
How Do We Help?
We help you by providing assorted research and information that will help you investigate different franchises to start your own business. We can introduce you to many different franchisors, so rather than having to go from place to place to learn about specific businesses, you can learn the basics about several options all in one spot! This saves you time and money.
FranNet Consultants help save you time and money in several ways: by educating you about franchising, by helping you research your business, by identifying the right structure and strategic mix of the businesses you are interested in, and by introducing you to the franchisors that fit your model.
We’ll encourage you to thoroughly research any franchise that you are investigating, and we’ll even help you find franchise attorneys and other advisors so you can gain more information before you buy. We believe that the more you know, the better the odds are that the choice you make will be a good one. As a result, we stress that you spend the necessary time to research before you buy. Once you’ve bought the business, it’s too late to change your mind.
How Much Do We Cost?
FranNet Consulting Services are 100% Free For Our Clients. Like a real estate agent, we make our commission only if and when a deal closes and are paid by the seller, not you, the buyer.
How Can We Work Together?
- Take Our Entrepreneur Readiness Profile
- Create your free Readiness Profile to evaluate the best business ownership options for you. First, you will complete a personality analysis and an investment range determination. From there, our algorithm can help determine what franchise options in your local market may be best able to meet your goals.
- Once you have your Entrepreneur Readiness Profile results, you may request a free, no-obligation review session with your local franchise consultant. During this meeting, you can gain more insight into what franchise opportunities may be best for your goals.
- After the review of your Readiness Profile, we work with you to determine what local franchise options may be worth exploring. Your local consultant will present you with a number of options and depending on which ones you are interested in, your consultant will make an introduction.
- We will help facilitate those introductions and coach you on the due diligence process. We will also provide guidance on which questions to ask, the Franchise Disclosure Documents (FDDs), and the tools you can use to rank the franchise opportunities for yourself.
- Once you’ve learned more about each franchise opportunity that you are interested in, you will be able to speak with active franchisees in their respective organizations to validate the business, support, and overall success of each opportunity.
- Before making a formal commitment to a franchise opportunity, you will attend a Discovery Day, usually on-site at the corporate headquarters of the specific franchise you’re interested in (In the wake of COVID-19, many franchisors are offering virtual Discovery Days). This Discovery Day is a great opportunity for you to meet the top management team, see their operational facility, and learn more about the day-to-day life of owning a business under their brand.
- Once you return from a Discovery Day, you’ll be in a position to decide if that specific franchise is the right fit for you. If it is, we’ll provide the necessary referrals to franchise attorneys, accountants, and funding partners to help complete your franchise due diligence. From there, it is your choice to sign the final franchise agreement and become a franchisee.