Are you thinking it may be time to own your own business? Maybe you are looking at a possible layoff, a career change or you are just frustrated with where you are in your current job or situation and want to control your future. Let me help you determine if owning your own business is the right move for you.
At FranNet, we are trained to assist you in determining if business ownership is the right direction for you. If it is, then we have the resources that can help you evaluate many proven businesses that will be a good fit for your particular goals and skill set. Our process will help you navigate the many options to choose from, become more knowledgeable and reduce the risk of making a poor decision because of emotion or lack of information. You do not have to pay us for these services, as we are compensated by the franchisor. Our job is to help you pick the right business and do everything we can to help you be successful. We want to make sure that you are satisfied with our services so we can become a long-term resource for you in the future. So, you have nothing to lose and more knowledge to gain by contacting me to discuss your options.
Remember that a “journey of a thousand miles begins with one step”. Take that one step now by contacting me.
Watch Our FranNet Success Stories!
Liz Lewis has been co-owner of several franchise restaurants and understands what it is really like to own a business. She has over 20 years’ experience in franchising and business support services. Mrs. Lewis began her career and worked for eight years in the banking industry, including the Private Banking Division of Hibernia National Bank, and followed her tenure in the banking industry by becoming a legal assistant for a franchise law firm. Mrs. Lewis then became the Executive & Legal Assistant for the President and General Counsel of Smoothie King Franchises, where she supported franchise development and operations. While at Smoothie King, Mrs. Lewis was responsible for preparing franchise and legal documentation and providing support to franchise business owners. Beginning in 2004, Mrs. Lewis became part of the executive management team of Sicily’s Italian Buffet franchise company, where she headed up the administration and local store marketing departments. She has also held ownership interests in several franchise restaurants. Mrs. Lewis has a degree in Business Administration from the University of Southwestern Louisiana in Lafayette, Louisiana.
10 Frequently Asked Franchise Questions
What is a FranNet Franchise Consultant?
A FranNet franchise consultant is a local, franchise expert to advise you on franchise and business opportunities. Within our group, we have past and present franchisors, franchise executives, franchisees, regional and area developers, and other business professionals.
How Do We Help?
We help you by providing assorted research and information that will help you investigate different franchises to start your own business. We can introduce you to many different franchisors, so rather than having to go from place to place to learn about specific businesses, you can learn the basics about several options all in one spot! This saves you time and money.
FranNet Consultants help save you time and money in several ways: by educating you about franchising, by helping you research your business, by identifying the right structure and strategic mix of the businesses you are interested in, and by introducing you to the franchisors that fit your model.
We’ll encourage you to thoroughly research any franchise that you are investigating, and we’ll even help you find franchise attorneys and other advisors so you can gain more information before you buy. We believe that the more you know, the better the odds are that the choice you make will be a good one. As a result, we stress that you spend the necessary time to research before you buy. Once you’ve bought the business, it’s too late to change your mind.
How Much Do We Cost?
FranNet Consulting Services are 100% Free For Our Clients. Like a real estate agent, we make our commission only if and when a deal closes and are paid by the seller, not you, the buyer.
How Can We Work Together?
- Take Our Entrepreneur Readiness Profile
- Create your free Readiness Profile to evaluate the best business ownership options for you. First, you will complete a personality analysis and an investment range determination. From there, our algorithm can help determine what franchise options in your local market may be best able to meet your goals.
- Once you have your Entrepreneur Readiness Profile results, you may request a free, no-obligation review session with your local franchise consultant. During this meeting, you can gain more insight into what franchise opportunities may be best for your goals.
- After the review of your Readiness Profile, we work with you to determine what local franchise options may be worth exploring. Your local consultant will present you with a number of options and depending on which ones you are interested in, your consultant will make an introduction.
- We will help facilitate those introductions and coach you on the due diligence process. We will also provide guidance on which questions to ask, the Franchise Disclosure Documents (FDDs), and the tools you can use to rank the franchise opportunities for yourself.
- Once you’ve learned more about each franchise opportunity that you are interested in, you will be able to speak with active franchisees in their respective organizations to validate the business, support, and overall success of each opportunity.
- Before making a formal commitment to a franchise opportunity, you will attend a Discovery Day, usually on-site at the corporate headquarters of the specific franchise you’re interested in (In the wake of COVID-19, many franchisors are offering virtual Discovery Days). This Discovery Day is a great opportunity for you to meet the top management team, see their operational facility, and learn more about the day-to-day life of owning a business under their brand.
- Once you return from a Discovery Day, you’ll be in a position to decide if that specific franchise is the right fit for you. If it is, we’ll provide the necessary referrals to franchise attorneys, accountants, and funding partners to help complete your franchise due diligence. From there, it is your choice to sign the final franchise agreement and become a franchisee.